I don’t know about you, but I have found that strange addiction about reading articles and watching videos about the ” what I eat in a day ” topic. I might do it at least once a day.
Am I the only one to like the ” What I eat in a day ” trend or what ?
I find it kind of fascinating. People around the world, giving you what they eat, how much, what time, what diet they follow, sometimes full recipes in complete transparency.
It is for me a great source of inspiration for new recipes and for understanding how other people find balance in their diet.
Some of those posts might seem fake. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the time to cook a 6h-roasted lamb gigot on a week-day and, as I was saying in a previous post, I don’t eat green salad and extra lean meals everyday (hurray for the Carpe-Diem Meal).
I want to do my own series of “What I eat in a day” posts, the French way of course.
Here is my commitment to you, I will :
- share everything that I ate for the day (including the chocolate, pastries and carpe-diem meals)
- include full recipes as much as possible
- try to tell you my opinion about my day of eating : was is balanced ? if not, what will I do to compensate on the next day ?
So let’s start. 🙂
What I eat in a day #1
I propose today a work day !
BREAKFAST – 7am
- a bowl of homemade porridge with cranberries, almonds and almond milk
MID MORNING SNACK – 10am
- one apple (in season and so delicious)
LUNCH – 12.30 am
- Starter : a small green salad with green beans, peas, arugula and herb vinaigrette
- Main : a couscous salad with diverse nuts (walnuts, almonds etc.), chives and a drizzling of balsamic vinegar
- Dessert : a goat yogurt with a teaspoon chestnut cream
GOUTER – 4 pm
DINNER – 8pm
- Starter : a bowl of green soup (not homemade, I did not have the time to make my own this week, but I have found a little brand in my local food store that feels like homemade)
- Main : a mushroom Omelette (2 eggs + a few button mushrooms) + lentils
- Dessert : a persimmon
I had later a piece of dark chocolate (heheheheh love chocolate).
Today, was a hectic day at work. Usually I have a good hour for my lunch break and today I had to cut back the time. I ate in 30min. I did not really enjoy my lunch.
As I went to a gym class today, I opted for a date ball for the goûter.
The dinner was sooo good. Omelette is my favorite, you can put whatever you have in your fridge/pantry and it’s done !
Did you enjoy this what I eat in a day post ? Would you like more of them ?
Author: Emilie Durand
Emilie is a French food lover, proud Parisian and founder of thefrenchwaytohealth.com. On her website, she shares delicious recipes, health tips and tricks. Her goal is to gather and share the habits and rules that have been used and approved by French people for decades. That means cooking your own meals efficiently, enjoying whole foods, eating mindfully and never ever using the word diet again while losing weight.